Adding variable Computer Names in RIS - ripre.sif

I have created a riprep image and edited the riprep.sif file to include the product key, company name etc etc but I want it to prompt me for the computer name during its install or specify, that the name will be something like "ComputerXYZ", where XYZ is the last octet of the IP address given by the DHCP. (the IPs are static aasignet to MAC addresses). I have tried having a blank entry in the "computername=" line and leaving

it out all together but the image just errors with: "the entry computername is missing or corrupt"

any ideas?

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
I have created a riprep image and edited the riprep.sif file to include the product key, company name etc etc but I want it to prompt me for the computer name during its install or specify, that the name will be something like "ComputerXYZ", where XYZ is the last octet of the IP address given by the DHCP. (the IPs are static aasignet to MAC addresses). I have tried having a blank entry in the "computername=" line and leaving

it out all together but the image just errors with: "the entry computername is missing or corrupt"

any ideas?

Hey bro, try

computername=*

It creates a random hostname... but works for me! :thumbup