KB917734, and Others don't stick

Hello all, just wondering if someone can help me. I am creating an unattended installation of XP Pro SP2. I already have SP2 slipstreamed, and have downloaded ALL of the hotfixes. I have got them to integrate, as well as my drivers, blah blah blah... Now to the point:

I have added KB917734 (windows media player flaw) update into the installation. I have added this update using the /integrate (it says that it integrated just fine), and using SVCPACK.inf. I added all of the correct switches (KB917734.exe /q /n /z), and even renamed the file into 8.3 format as you see there. The update does not stick for some stupid reason, and I cannot get it to go. Can anyone help me with this? I also have a problem with the non-critical updates: KB902344 (WMDRM-enabled Media Players), and KB904942 (Update for Windows XP, neither of these will stick either (have tried the /integrate, and svcpack.inf... Any help would be greatly appreciated on this problem.

If anyone also has information on how to easily, silently install .Net 1.1, and SP1, as well a** .Net 2.0, ect.. that would be great (many of the pages have links that are not working with the tutorials). I have tried doing these as files using switches in my svcpack.inf with no resolve (i know you can't now). I was wondering if these packages can be installed using RunOnceEx... I was just going to create a batch file that runs the file from the CD with the following lines:

echo ### Installing Update 26/%total% Dot Net 1.1...

"c:\tempfiles\hotfixes\dotnetfx.exe" /q:a /c:"install.exe /qb /l"

echo ### Installing Update 27/%total% Dot Net 1.1 SP1 Update...

"c:\tempfiles\hotfixes\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe" /Q

echo ### Installing Update 28/%total% Dot Net 1.1 SP1...

"c:\tempfiles\hotfixes\NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe" /Q

echo ### Installing Update 99/%total% Dot Net 2.0...

"c:\tempfiles\hotfixes3\dotnetfn.exe" /q:a /c:"install.exe /qb /l"

Having the files not in the locations in the lines i specified, but in a spot on the CD/DVD, those examples are from a batch CD I made including all the updates (that works completely, except for the updates that don't stick above).

Please Help!

You should try to use RyanVM's update pack and nLite or RyanVM's integrator.

Here is the link to addon for .NET 1.1 and 2.0 for use with either of these programs.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=75109

You can download .Net 1.1 and 2.0 silent installers from http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/ and use them in RunOnceEx like you said.

Hope this helps

Edited by TheInstaller

Hey, thank you very much for the reply. I am aware of those two installation methods, thank you for posting them. The problem I have is just this one update, and that is all I need to integrate. The .NET framework ect.. is not a problem, because I know how to do silent switches ect.. in the RunOnceEx registry entry (batch file that runs the two installs). I can either use the switches I posted to make the install silent (it works, i've used in my batch updates CD), or use the silent installation method that you have given me (thanks for this, the link was broken where I found them on the Unattended site, and was too lazy to look). Thanks for the post, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and has resolved it. My issue is that this is a project for school, and our professor wishes for us to integrate using the manual method, which I have done completely, and am only having issues with this one update **Rips Hair Out!!!** Anyways, it's not a big deal, but if anyone else has had this issue, or has tried a silent install of .NET using RunOnceEx, please post :D.