User account keeps getting locked out

dping28

I have a windows 2003 server domain, and one of the users on it has 2 laptops.. 1 is on the domain and 1 is not.. he mainly uses the one that is not on the domain and just accesses the resources directly (opens outlook or manually types in the server shares, etc) He would then get a prompt for his username and password and would just type in and be fine but lately hes been getting problems where his account is constantly getting locked out.. I would uncheck his lockout check box and tell him to try it and its locked out again before he can submit his username and pass.. then he would try again after I uncheck it again and he could be fine for the rest of the day.. its very sporadic problem. no pattern that I can see..Ive had him try changing his password cause supposidly the problem originated after he was out for a while and his password expired and someone changed his password with the admin account for him .. Is ther ea way I can monitor the failure attempts on his account to see why its getting locked out?? my event viewer for security is only showing successful attempts. Any help I would be forever greatful.. thanks..

-D

Just wanted to Thank you again for that link.. I used the tools it listed and determined that he had some saved passwords pointing to network resources that were causing the lockouts, once I removed those from Control Panel > User Accounts > Advanced > Manage Passwords it worked fine, no more lockouts. Thanks!

-D