Windows 2003 SP2 Beta & nLite 1.2 RC Problem

Troglodyte

Hi,

I have tested using the latest nLite (1.2RC) along with a copy of Windows 2003 Standard (32bit with SP2 Beta Refresh 1 version 2786) manually slipstreamed together. After much testing I have discovered the source of a problem I have been having using nLite with it.

Choosing the option:

Unattended -> Network Settings -> File and Printer Sharing

and selecting Disabled, results in the following error on startup (just before login):

Service Control Manager

---------------------------------------

At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for details.

Looking at the event log, it yields the following error under system:

Source: Service Control Manager

Event ID: 7003

Description: The Distributed File System service depends on the following nonexistent service: LanmanServer

I have recreated the error several times by doing what I just described.

So I guess you could call this a bug report... manly I just wanted to pass this info onto nuhi.

I think I have provided enough information, but if you need more just let me know.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.

But this isn't a bug, it's simply a dependency. LanmanServer is installed if you put File and print sharing into any network adapters protocols, gonna add the warning into the description.

LanmanServer is installed if you put File and print sharing into any network adapters protocols, gonna add the warning into the description.

OK... thanks nuhi. That makes sense. However, interestingly if File Printer and Sharing is left installed and not removed by nLite... and then removed later by hand while in windows, this error does not result. I am not at home to confirm this, but I assume that the LanmanServer is left intact if you remove File and Printer Sharing while within Windows.

Also, this error doesn't result when removing File Printer and Sharing on Windows XP or XP x64 using nLite.

Edited by Troglodyte