Simple batch file?

I wish to be able to choose to install various updates.

For example.

1) Install Intel chipset drivers.

2) Install Intel application accelerator.

3) Install VIA chipset drivers.

4) Exit.

Can anyone provide a simple batch listing for this.

Cheers.

Jeremy

well this will also include hotfixes into your install but I gave the general idea here:

http://board.MSFN.org/index.php?showtopic=8363

If you download the files I provide it will include the winnt.sif and in there you can see the line OemPnPDriversPath=" "

There are a bunch of drivers I have set it up for in there all seperated by ; You can modify that line and add your drivers in there and the installer will find them for you.

I am a computer engineer and I upgrade computers based on Intel and VIA chipsets.

I want an option to CHOOSE which drivers I install!

If I try to install the VIA drivers on an Intel chipset I get an error and vice-versa.

So this is why I would want to use a batch file so that I can choose which chipset drivers to install.

I hope I am making myself clear.

Cheers.

Jeremy

I want an option to CHOOSE which drivers I install!

If I try to install the VIA drivers on an Intel chipset I get an error and vice-versa.

That won't happen. Windows Setup will choose the best driver matching the hardware to install.

not to mention that if you did it the way shown in the guide you would already have a working instelation. The thing is if you use oempnpdriverpath correctly in your winnt.sif then it automaticly chooses which drivers you need for your hardware. I use this for both nvidia and via chipseted motherboards. I do have an intell one here but have not added it yet to my driver paths as the board needs to be rma'd first.

also so you know I cant speak for others but I too run a shop and do network admin as well as my own oem systems. I have no reason to waste anybodies time on things that dont work. Since here in my shop I cant afford to have them not working. Why would I waste my time? Not to mention that I have already made a bunch of error's getting this figured out and now I'm sharing my hard work with others so they dont have to make the same stupid mistakes that i made.

First of all, thank you to everyone who is assisting me.

A few more questions...........

The Intel chipset files (I extracted them with winrar) do NOT contain any .inf files.

Does this mean I have to use the Installshield method?

As regards the Via files, there are LOADS of .inf files. Do I need to point to each and every one of them?

Cheers.

Jeremy

The Intel chipset files (I extracted them with winrar) do NOT contain any .inf files.

Does this mean I have to use the Installshield method?

Yes, or you can integrate them into Windows XP Setup here (Tested and works fine)

As regards the Via files, there are LOADS of .inf files. Do I need to point to each and every one of them?

Not the INF file directly, but the folder containing the INF files. I've extracted my VIA drivers, and can see that the INFs are in several different folders. For XP, I would assume the following folders:

\WinXP

\IDEWinXP

\Inf\Winxp

And, possibly the \AGP folder, but I think the \WinXP folder already provides the AGP INF file, but to be on the safe side, include it in your OemPnPDriversPath= anyway.

• 2 months later...

Cheers, I'm assuming that since VIA apparently needs to be installed before anything else, I thought it'd be safe to list the NVidia folder last. Does it install the drivers in the order you specify in that line?

Also, how will I be able to know if the VIA drivers installed successfully???

No, you should number your folders before the names, like:

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_VIA\WinXP;Drivers\001_VIA\Inf\WinXP;Drivers\002_VIA\IDEWinXP;Drivers\003_VIA\AGP;Drivers\004_NVidia4523"

Device Manager in Windows should be able to show if the VIA drivers are installed, e.g. the IDE controller