Big problems

Just insatlled from my unattended disc today, I have encountered a few problems.

One is that damned windows genuine authentication nag thingy. Another more disturbing problem is that auto login does not seem to work? my username is set, the domain workgroup (domain??) is set to X and the pass is set, but it doesn't seem to login, cant figure out what the problem is here.

Thirdly and probably related to the previous problem, is that on my network places the workgroup X cannot be found.. and subsequently I cannot browse the other 2 computers on my network. Did I make a mistake during the creation of the network in the unnatended disc, which would explain not being auto logged on, or having the other computers showing up?

I created a fully unattended disc, but I am noticing several options I configured didn't hold, which includes but is not limited too...

desktop resolution: not 1032

the username I created "james" not present.

mouse cursor shadows not disabled.

show common tasks for folders is disabled, but there is no way to re enable it.

It seems impossible to reconnect to mapped drives at login, i disabled this with nlite, but because of above problems I need it re enabled, but using tuneup utilities I re enabled , but doesnt work.

several other minor desktop modifications I made absent.....

Just insatlled from my unattended disc today, I have encountered a few problems.

One is that damned windows genuine authentication nag thingy. Another more disturbing problem is that auto login does not seem to work? my username is set, the domain workgroup (domain??) is set to X and the pass is set, but it doesn't seem to login, cant figure out what the problem is here.

Thirdly and probably related to the previous problem, is that on my network places the workgroup X cannot be found.. and subsequently I cannot browse the other 2 computers on my network. Did I make a mistake during the creation of the network in the unnatended disc, which would explain not being auto logged on, or having the other computers showing up?

I created a fully unattended disc, but I am noticing several options I configured didn't hold, which includes but is not limited too...

desktop resolution: not 1032

the username I created "james" not present.

mouse cursor shadows not disabled.

show common tasks for folders is disabled, but there is no way to re enable it.

It seems impossible to reconnect to mapped drives at login, i disabled this with nlite, but because of above problems I need it re enabled, but using tuneup utilities I re enabled , but doesnt work.

several other minor desktop modifications I made absent.....

Sorry to hear about all of your problems.

WGA can be a pain and it's far from flawless. If your copy is legit, then try the workarounds here. To check, use the MGA validation tool http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 (direct to exe). If it outputs as Genuinie then it is a false positive.

Second problem might be a local security problem of some sort. Are you sure its a domain and not a workgroup? Some people get confused but those people aren't usually the people who make unattended Windows disks ;) Third problem seems to be related to the first. You probably made a mistake entering the information, seems to be the most likely cause.

The desktop resolution seems a little weird. If you're sure that you entered it correctly and your monitor supports it, then its a bug of some sort.

When I made a user it just made "Administrator" with my name in the properties. Weird, huh?...

If you used nlite, it might be a mistake b/c what you tell it what you need and it doesn't disable what you need even if you select it. Otherwise a bug.

You can reenable common tasks by opening an explorer window, going to Tools->Folder Options:

ctsksoa2.jpg

(courtesy here)

Try reenabling it by going to "Map Network drives" and redoing it, selecting the option again. (courtesy here)

Hope this helps :D

What other desktop mods did you do?

Too many to mention really.

Show windows contents while dragging was not disabled, do not show mouse cursor shadow, show translucent selection box (box was still blue) I downloaded tweak xp and had to alter these settings myself.

if so many small things like this was not altered succesfully, it makes me wonder if more serious things made it, such as data exectution prevention etc, or other tweaks which restrict worms.

I will try out the common task change but as for the network neighbourhood problem there doesn't seem to be any way around it that I can see... I re run the network setup wizard and I am following the exact same steps on all 3 computers, I set the workgroup to X. the other 2 computers appear in X but my unnatended computer does not. if the problem is like you mentioned and I got confused with the domain/workgroup, surely there should be an easy way to modify this information?

I simply want to select "view workgroup computers" from within network places and then open X to reveal all network computers.