Office 2007 BETA 2 TR

wdrspens

I have been using Office 2007 BETA 2 for some time and, with one or two minor problems that I was told we would be corrected in an upgrade, have been very pleasantly surprised by it.

I then added TR and my problems started.

TR is a wonderful interface, very attractive and giving the appearance of speed and versatility.

However I could not load existing documents saved in word xp .doc, word beta 2 docx format into word.

I tried loading existing excel files saved in xls and xlsx format but again I could not

In both those cases I got a message alleging my virus protection was causing a problem and I needed to update it. I was fully up to date with Norton, right up to the minute, but still could not load. Even if I turned off my virus protection I could not load.

I then tried to open access database files, and this time nothing happened. I was not told that I had a virus checking problem or that I did not have permissions or anything at all, just nothing, nada, nihil.

I had to unload BETA 2 and TR, reload XP and reload BETA 2, so that I could still get at my files.

UGH! it was a frightening moment.

Now not only are all my files saved in XP format as well as BETA 2, I have also acquired the conversion so that, hopefully, I can read files saved in BETA 2 format on an XP machine.

Not Good News for me.

David

• 1 month later...

The problem is solved by disabling the virus checker from checking for viruses in Microsoft Office documents as they are opened. That means they are still checked when downloaded or transferred to the computer, but not when they are opened within one of the office programs. It is a work around that gives temporary relief.

• 4 weeks later...

If I remember, all btesters had to fully remove all traces of B2 in order to download B2TR. The latter worked great. However if you did not search every last corner of your machine and dump B2 files, you are screwed.

If you can still find the directions, redownload B2tr after you dump all of the older beta stuff on your pc

Good lucl