UDF Reader Not Working

itzbinnice

Have new clean install of XP Pro using NTFS file sytem on 60 gig drive,was formatted for 1 partition of C. All my programs I need to install were created with Roxio (POS) software. I have tried countless times to install Roxio 5.0 Platinum with all the upgrades as per instructions from Roxio as well as advice offered on this board. All have failed, I can't even get on the internet since my

AT&T software is on a rewriteable disk and XP can't read it.

I never had a problem with Win ME with this software.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can have XP read a rewriteable disk. Did a search and found udfreadr 5.01 is installed on the machine yet it can't read the contents of any rewriteable I insert.

When I install the Roxio Direct CD only it says my CD writer is not supported, yet it was supported in Win ME, go figure. f***ing Roxio ruined a good company when they bought Adaptec. I am so fed up since I have spent about 20 hours on this problem and can't proceed with my XP install. I tried installing the UDF reader by itself which I downloaded from Roxio but XP says no good even though it indicates it is presnt but obvoiusly not working.Please help, I am at the end of my rope.

Follow Up Post

Out of desperation I copied all my program files that I would need to get XP going from the rewriteble disks and put them on another computers hard drive. This included my AT & T software, favorites, address book,etc. I then used Roxio on that computer to burn the files onto a CD. I then put the burned in CD into the computer with XP and try to copy the AT & T software to the hard drive for installation. Guess what, no good says the file is not a win32 file and will not copy. Try to run off CD and get same message.

This Xp is a bigger piece of s*** then the previous versions. One has to go to rocket science classes just to get the thing working.

Looks like I may have to reformat the 60 gig drive into 2 partitions and install Win ME since this XP is just not worth the aggrevation,

nothing seems to work.

Its not that XP is a piece of s***. Its you have to babysit it. Roxio apps are like russian rolet. It might work, It might not. Alot of people still have promblem with there s*** software. I for one hate that dam company, due to it f***ing my PC up everytime they come out with a new update. direct cd is already installed in XP by default. Thats the cd burning software XP uses. I would recommend doing a search on the board and see if you might find a sulotion for it. Its located on the main page top right. Other than that format and throw roxio s*** away and use nero for the next year or so till roxio gets the s*** together. Or go back to me if needed.

-XPerties