Home Networking Share Oddity, Help!

Zaskar44

Heya guys, on my spare comp i have installed my old XP Pro OEM that use to be on my main comp.

The computer has 2 SCSI HD's and i put a shared folder on each.

Whenever i save anything to the share on C drive's shared folder from the Browser Firefox (well, "Bon Echo" which is the Firefox beta) i cant access that file from my other computer, returns and says i dont have administrative rights or something similar. It wont even return proper Icon info on it, just shows as a generic program icon.

Now if i copy and paste it there, move it out manually and back in, or even use IE to save it there instead then it works fine? Also This doesnt happen on the shared folder on the Slave drive.

Now Ive even tried making different folders on each drive, each produces the same thing as the first one on that drive did. Why would Firefox/Firefox Beta cause such behavior in the files it saves there? i go to the properties of the files and i dont see anything that would maby flax it as not shared, but then again i dont see anything that would be relevant to that at all. Its as if its saving them there with a "view name only" tag, not even a read only :(

Anyone have any ideas or fixes?

Thanks!