XP activation error message

aKaFrEE

ive been using xp for a while now...and all of a sudden i get a message when i try to log in saying "Somthing not allowing windows to properly read liscense for this computer" or sumthin like that...ne ideas...has this happened to anyone else?

The license is the End User License Agreement, i.e. E.U.L.A.

WinXp will ocassionaly check the EULA installed on the PC. Many people do not know it, but the EULA is digitaly signed as part of the setup process. When the EULA does not match the correct digital signature in the registry the user will receive the message you have seen displayed at start-up. The file itself can become corrupted and even exploited in the form of a prank. One of the two cases applies to your WinXP configuration.

Have a look at www.theregister.co.uk where a article was written about the subject. I don't remember the specific article or I would give you the specific URL. Do a search on Copy Protection and you will find the article.

Whats going to happen next? Don't know for sure. Let us know if you will please. This could get very interesting!

MSNwar - The Fat Man

ne1 have an idea as to reactivation bc im using a corp or vlk...and i cant log in at all....

*the funny thing is that i had it installed b4 for about 2 months and it didnt do this...then i reinstall both my OS' and it does this after about 2 weeks....