Need Help Please with Repair Windows Installation, I have no .ini file

brasscupcakes

Hi there,

First I should say thanks -- I've been using nlite since it launched and I love it; however, despite that I still have very little expertise and am still unable to control whether a particular litexp disk I've made works or doesn't work.

I just keep trying, generally until one does. I really love my most recent setup disk except it was setup for unattended install and I kept neither the folder of files I used or the particular .ini.

So I was wondering if it is possible without the folder or the ini file to make a new install disk that permits me to use the repair option in XP setup. I've read quite a lot about this in past posts and gathered this isn't easily possible to do with unattended install, but mine doesn't have to be unattended.

Also, I don't mind adding the components of "manual install" manually, so to speak, by simply adding them to the iso. Unfortunately, apart from setup. exe, I don't know which additional folders/files are required for the manual install. Although I do have a sense from reading old posts that I may need to delete the .sif files, or at least change them.

It's kind of important to me to make a working repair install disk, if you can help, because no matter how hard I try I can't seem to stop ruining perfectly lovely nlite installs by adding my own tweaks and deletions afterwards and I always go too far.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Best, Amy

For repair disable Unattended setup, don't use that page...until there is an option for that if it's possible to selectively bypass.

But what are you saying about difficulty to make it work, if you don't read descriptions and dependencies or not careful what you'll need then try VMWare or Virtual PC before you burn that iso.