Widcomm BT drivers - need help/advice

Lolita

I have download latest bluetooth drivers from widcomm - 5.1.0.1700 - widcomm don't release their drivers for public download so i download bluetooth drivers for another device and replaced ini file with device definitions from older widcomm drivers that was released for my device. Then i cleaned some unncessary files and started installation with inst.exe and eveything installed OK except that installation was modified for anycom (and i don't want it to be modified for any vendor) so i tried install it with btw.msi and it don't install everything. So i wonder how inst.exe set up btw.msi - if it run it with some parameters how can i get them? [btw i can't get them with filemon \:].

Thx for advice/answers/hep/experience with this ...

msiexec /a c:\temp\<my-msi-module.msi> to extract the file perhaps? I do that alot, I then use the "pure" driver files (.sys - .inf - .cat) to get the install running with either dpinst.exe or rundll32.exe... if the driver package is packaged with InstallShield, u prolly cannot open the .msi directly without running the .exe installer. Hope it helps..

This is a wild guess but anyway....

Check if u can extract the package, so u get the .msi file. Once there, try to run it without the .exe. In case you must envoke the .msi thorugh the usage of the supplied .exe file, my guess it is a InstallShield wrapper... if it is, then the .exe is enabling or disablíng properties in the .msi package! Only way to get around it is to download InstallShield's Studio (whatever it is called..) and modd the package from within there.. unless, the .exe supports input parameters: like <myapp.exe /?> where u can tweak the installation from!