Ordering partitions on setup

Hi all,

I've recently setup a system that uses 3 partitions. The C:\ partition with XP on is great, and always maps as C:\.

My problem is that D:\ and E:\ aren't in the order I'd like them to be in but I can't fathom a way of sorting this out. They just seem to vary from image to image.

My image process is as follows. I use Zenworks to create the partitions and put the information required in the correct place. On reboot, sysprep simply sets up the hardware etc and then windows is ready to use.

I found an article here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=67395

to make you unatend easier, make a script to look fo a marker file on the drive, so that when it finds the drive that has that file.... it uses that drive letter....

Can someone shed a little more light on this subject? I can quite easily insert marker files but have no idea how the script would work.

Is it as simple as have a windows script running at startup? Or is it part of the mini-setup?

Any help would be appreciated.

Neil.

I would recommend u to start fooling around with something like BartPe or WinPE and once familiar with it, launch a .vbs script that searches for the marker files.... use diskpart to assign and create the partitions/drives for u, and also the drive letters! However, dunno if PE works with ZenWorks (Novell right?)...

I would assume the script will have to search for a predetermined filename. Once it finds it, it can either read the inside of the file for the drive letter or the filename which could be the drive letter...

If u r gonna use script logic, then u are far better of using WinPE/BartPE then for example DOS or the Win32 setup engine as they are to restricted. BartPE is freeware/shareware while WinPE is Microsoft money well spend...