Transparent Task Bar 1.2

codeblue

Found this little program called TransTaskBar currently v1.2

Home Page

Direct Download

Here’s how I incorporate it into my UAXP.

What will you need:

TransTaskBar1.2.exe

Winrar

As it's a non executable I first extract the content of the TransTaskBar.zip into the Program Files folder. Create a shortcut from the TransTaskBar.exe found in the bin folder and modify the properties like this:

Target Location

%Programfiles%\TransTaskBar\Bin\TransTaskBar.exe

Start In

%Programfiles%\TransTaskBar\Bin

This method is great is C:\ isn't your main directory.

Next zip it up using Winrar's archive utility. Select Create SFX Archive and rename it TransTaskBarSM.exe. The only draw back when zipping a shortcut is that Winrar tries to zip the .EXE, NOT the .LNK, so goto the Files tab, delete the address in the Files to add section, click Amend and find the shortcut.

Finally add a comment so when executed will extract to a specific directory. In my case to a folder in All Programs called Powertoys:

Path=%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Tools\Utilities\PowerToys
Silent=2
Overwrite=1

That's the short cut taken care of, now the main program. Archive the main folder in the Program Files directory, create a SFX renaming the file TransTaskBarPF.exe and add the comment:

Path=%Programfiles%\
Silent=2
Overwrite=1

Now to create 1 zip file, highlight both zipped files (TransTaskBarSM and TransTaskBarPF) and archive them, use SFX and rename the file TransTaskBar.exe using the comment:

Setup=TransTaskBarPM.exe
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Setup=TransTaskBarSM.exe
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

We now have 1 file that can be executed with just TransTaskBar.exe and will install a short cut in the Start Menu and the EXE into the Program Files.

...nearly there

To allow this to run on Boot, run TransTaskBar.exe, set the transparency and tick the box Start Up - Auto Load. Now using Regedit from the RUN box navigate to and export the following:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"TransTaskBar"="\"C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Start Menu\\Programs\\Tools\\Utilities\\PowerToys\\TransTaskBar.exe\" /silent /TransLevel:186"

Add this to your Reg file. Note the number on the end, that's the transparency setting.

Good Luck

I highly recommend the Winrar SFX method for all non executable. :thumbup