Creating XP restore Disc

recently i purchased a branded laptop. it got a recovery/rescue CD, in case of system failure i can easily load fresh copy of XP on factory settings automatically without any user interaction like a automated XP CD.

what i want is ,, i want to create the same type of CD for my each PC i sell, so that i can give that CD to my customer as a gift and we also lessen the burden for future field support.

is it possible,, if yes,, please guide me ..

(xp system should include (c:\ partition + hardware device drivers + default applications)

You will need to become a Royalty OEM before being allowed to distibute any Windows bits on external media. You are allowed to create a recovery partition and from my understanding of the SBLA you can also create an ISO of a recovery CD to allow the end user to burn their own CD.

it is cool,,

lets suppose i have created the ISO of C:\ (system drive)

how to load the iso or image file automatedely,, without user interaction

example:

----------------------

1. boot from CD

2. are you sure you want to revert the OS to factory setting (optional)

3. yes (optional)

4 automated process..

5 reboot

6 fresh system

------------------------

what the best solution and the switches we can use in acronis and ghost

I actually did this once before. It was a really long time ago. But when I did it, it was slightly different from what you're looking to do. I had created a 1GB FAT32 partition with a compressed Ghost image on it. I hid the partition and used some Win98 hack to dual boot that partition or Windows XP, but only upon certain conditions. I used a conditional statement to search for a file on a floppy disc.

In the end, I just handed them a floppy and computer. If they ever wanted to restore the computer, they would just have to pop in their floppy and start the computer, and it would ask them "Are you sure?!" a few times and voila! :)

Now, I did that because I didn't want them to worry about losing a CD/DVD. In your case, something like that would be even easier. Just use Norton Ghost.