Problems with /wait switch

I have problems in my .cmd file, i want to launch successively office 2000 install, then 1st patch and so on, but it seems that all installs at the same time ..

the syntax i have is

start /wait \\darkstar\installs\CD\i386\$OEM$\office\install.exe /qb-
start /wait \\darkstar\installs\CD\i386\$OEM$\o2kupd\29032000frproo2k.exe /Q

and so on ...

I wasn't able yet to find a way to fix it.

I'm running Win2K install from CD with a floppy containing winnt.sif and runonce.cmd file, my winnt.sif contains a section called

[GuiRunOnce]

Command0="a:\runonce.cmd"

Thanks

are you trying to exicute those from your network? If not then you need it to be like this.

start /wait %systemdrive%\installs\CD\i386\$OEM$\office\install.exe /qb-

start /wait %systemdrive%\installs\CD\i386\$OEM$\o2kupd\29032000frproo2k.exe /Q

if you are trying to do install those from a networked computer I dont think there is a way or at least it is beyond my scope.

Hello, yes, i have been trying through a network share. I will have maybe to make a two CD installation method. I have to put all the things under \i386\$OEM$ right ? I'll have to check that.

Btw an ancient driver of my previous modem managed to make SP1 crash my XP. That was funny.

Heh :rolleyes:

Sure i would be very much interested. The thing is, i want to deploy after Win2K the following apps : Office2K Pro, Office 2K fixes, Symantec Antivirus Client, Acrobat Reader 6, Directx 9.0b (but i need a french one who can do silent install), WMP 9.0 .. and then, all the insane hotfixes for all these great things ;o)

But that'll be my job.

Almost all my computers at work need the following drivers installed :

ATI Rage 128 3D

VIA AC'97 Sound

VIA 4inOne drivers (Motherboard, Ide, Agp ..)

I wasn't able to find a way to get a setup.iss out of that. The two first are installshields and the 3rd one is a package-for-the-web installshield, extracting its files somewhere.

Thanks for the help bro :)