avast says UNIEXTRACT is a VIRUS!

with the new definitions (today 31-08-2006) avast antivirus has started warning me that

UNIEXTRACT is a virus!

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8510/un...actviruszq4.gif

see image above.

I am sure Uniextract is NOT a virus... however it perhaps containes some code that

makes it seem like a virus to avast???

can you look into this please?

(by the way I love your program)

-Ken

I am sure Uniextract is NOT a virus... however it perhaps containes some code that

makes it seem like a virus to avast???

Uniextract is a compiled AutoIt script. Antivirus companies in general are constantly creating false positives to AutoIt executables as they share common code (the interpreter). Submit the file to Avast so they can clear the definitions of the false positive.

@cihatkarli

As for the mention that "Avast sux", it absolutely does not. As being a major user of AutoIt3 and member or the AutoIt forum who constantly visits, It is other antivirus programs that do the false positives most of the time with AutoIt compiled scripts. Avast is very rarely mentioned for false positives. The facts speak for themselves so opinions mean nothing without a shred of evidence to suppot it.

symantec fail catch cmdow as virus hacktool ... i stop use it

kaspersky catch all my sfx rar files as virus ... i stop use it...

nod32 now lol

Amusing, but true. You can go to one of those sites that checks against all popular AV's (around 12 of them). And most, if not all of them will show false positves. Personally, I thnk they must do some act like sharing\selling false positives to each other to get a common result of getting it wrong.

Anything that you or I use in everyday life (sfx's, cmdow, autoit3...............) is also used by virus makers, so AV companies most of the time cannot positively tell the difference between an evil virus or a file that you safely created yourself. If I had my way, I would not use an AV, but my OS would be infected as soon as connected to the internet.