Programms on desktop after installation

Well hi there,

I'am almost finishing my 1st Unattended. I have had a lot of test of it and for so far he is wordking ok...

I have only 2 questions left at this time..

1: How can I make sure, that after the installation this files are on my desktop::

My Computer

My Documents

Internet Explorer

TrashCan

2: I just wanted to put some documents after the installation on my desktop...

Something like "Welcome.txt" Or something

Hopefully someone can help me soon...

Greetz Jason

1: Check out the Registry Tweaks section of the Unattended CD/DVD guide. There are tweaks there for adding/removing these items. If you can't find them there, look at the pinned tweaks threads in this forum. There are a couple of tweak files there that will do the trick as well.

2: Take a look at the Unattended CD/DVD guide in regards to the $OEM folders. Using these folders you can have your unattended setup copy files directly to the desktop.

For example, I like to have shortcuts to my favorite applications on my desktop, so my slipstream setup has a directory structure like:

d:\slipstream\$OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Desktop

in the Desktop folder, I put the shortcuts/files that I want to appear on my desktop. You can change the "All Users" section to "Default User" or the name of a specific user account if you don't want the shortcuts/files on all user desktops.

1: How can I make sure, that after the installation this files are on my desktop::

My Computer

My Documents

Internet Explorer

TrashCan

These icons are shortcuts.

The Recycle Bin is on the desktop by default so it shouldn't be necessary to do anything. But if you wish to rename it to TrashCan then you need to hack the registry.