Status Display in XP Login Screen

Hi guys!

I always wonder why Status messages, like:

Saving your settings,

Windows is shutting down, etc.

are not displayed in some Login screens?

I hv used many login screens, but in many login screens no status is displayed, when we log off/shut down computer. Only blank login screen image.

Can neone tell me which line cause display of these status messages?

why some ppl make these login screen, which doesnt display these messages?

Is this some kind of limitation?

thnx in advance! :)

Yeah! u r correct that we can disable/enable them in registry.

But this problem is different.

Suppose, I downloaded 2 login screens. One shows those messages and one not. Now what u say? :)

I hv not disabled those status messages in registry. The problem is some login screen show them and some not.

In LogonUI.exe file there is UIFILE directory, where we can set location of each item, like password box, shutdown text, etc. I think there must be a line which set the status messages location. Coz I hv seen in many login screens, some show them at TOP, some show them in center and some doesnt show them. :(

• 2 weeks later...

After several hours of R&D with several Login Screens, I finally got the Line, which causes to display the status messages. :)

So here we go: :P

The line lies in UIFILE section.

If u scroll down in UIFILE section and reach to the <logonframe> section, u can see that all lines in this section set the positions of all panels, like TOP panel, Bottom panel, Left & Right panels.

The LEFT PANEL is of our use.

In those login screen, in which the status messages along with the text "Welcome" and "Click on the username to begin" are not displayed, the height of this panel is set to generally 1rp. Thats why the messages r not displayed. When I set it to 50rp by looking in a login screen which waqs displaying those status messages, "Welcome" and "click on username to begin" started to display. :)

But status messages were still not displaying :(

So I did some more R&D. and found that instruct itom was also set to 1rp. I set it to 380rp and voilla, status messages started to display. :P

In some login screen Product item is also deleted from this panel, so u hv to add its entry for displaying the status messages.

And in some login screen, Contentalign of Product and help is set to wrapright or topright, it also causes to not display the status mesages. So change them to middlecenter.

So finally the conclusion is this, if we change the whole Leftpanel section's coding to following:

<element id=atom(leftpanel) sheet=styleref(leftpanelss) layout=filllayout() height=50rp>
<element id=atom(instruct) layoutpos=bottom content=rcstr(25) width=380rp/>
<element id=atom(logoarea) layout=verticalflowlayout(0,3,3,2)>
<element id=atom(product) contentalign=middlecenter padding=rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,0rp) background=argb(0,90,126,220)/>
<element id=atom(help) contentalign=middlecenter width=0rp padding=rect(0rp,0rp,0rp,0rp)/>
</element>
<element id=atom(msgarea) layout=verticalflowlayout(0,0,2,2) height=50rp >
<element layout=filllayout() width=380>
<element id=atom(welcomeshadow) content=rcstr(7)/>
<element id=atom(welcome) content=rcstr(7)/>
</element>
</element>
</element>

We can see the status messages without any problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...