Media Center Edition 2005 Resources

Hi guys!

I hv some confusions regarding to MCE 2005.

First I can't find the "About Windows" BITMAP in shell32.dll

I hv checked all bitmaps in shell32.dll, but didnt find the BITMAP which is shown in About Windows dialog box. It says Windows Media Center 2005.

Second image is the Start button sidebar Image, it also says Windows Media Center 2005. I hv checked it in Explorer.exe file, but didnt find there.

I hv checked many DLL & EXE files, but didnt find these images in any of them. :(

Can nebody tell me the files, which contain these images?

thnx in advance! :)

One more thing! :)

I successfully changed the BITMAPs but when I tried to change the text in "About Windows" dialog box from shell32.dll file, after rebooting I didnt find any changes in the dialog box.

I mean the changes were saved in the file, but when I tried to check the dialog box in My computer, its still showing the default text in dialog box.

It means in MCE, the "About Windows" dialog box is also contained in some other file! Its not present in "winbrand.dll" :(

Can u pls tell me about this also. :)

No, u didnt get it.

Lemme clear it again.

I changed the look of the About Windows dialog box in shell32.dll file, saved it w/o ne problem (coz I hv disabled WFP service).

When I restarted the comp, and checked the changes from Help -> About windows menu, it was showing the default dialog box not the changed one.

Then I again opened shell32.dll file in resource hacker to check whether my changes hv been saved or not. It was showing my customized dialog box.

So it means, the About windows dialog box of MCE is not contained in shell32.dll file but in a different one. :(

• 2 weeks later...