Saving a mail in Lotus Notes

abdigit

use Lotus Notes 7 as my mail client. But there is no way I can save a single mail in Lotus Notes (as in outlook where one can save it in .msg format). All I have to do is to create a big blank database to carry a single mail.

Is there any way that I can save a single email in lotus Notes? PDF is one form I can think of. But I am not sure if there is any PDF converter available in Lotus Notes (just like Acrobat PDFMaker in outlook). Any solutions?

Hello!

If you can print it, then you can make PDF :)

PDFCreator (A SourceForge project, free)

Then File/Print/select PDFCreator

(Or maybe you have another PDF-printer allready)

Of course this will not save any of the invisible message headers (server stamps, Sent/received etc.)

For backup I would still use the database.

Note: If the mail has attachments, using PDFCreator you can add these to the same PDF:

1. Print the mail, click "Waiting" instead of "Save" in the PDFCreator dialog, to tell it to wait for more jobs.

2. Print attachments. These will be placed in the PDFCreator queue, waiting for further actions.

3. When all attachments are in the queue, select all and then click the "Combine" button.

(At this moment, the PDFCreator window might be minimized to the system tray)

4. Click the red printerbutton to resume the operation, and click Save in the PDFCreator dialog.

The result will be one PDF with the mail and attachments.

Cheers!

Edited by aquarius

• 2 months later...

Just now read on Adobe site (masters of PDF) that that the new Acrobat 8 has an new feature of converting mails to PDF from Lotus Notes :whistle: :woot: :yes:

Would purchase Acrobat 8 as soon as it is available :) to have this cool new feature :laugh:

I haven't used Notes 7, but in previous versions, you can easily save a single message. Do File|Export and then pick the file format that is most convenient for you. I don't believe that PDF is among the options though.