Install Office 2003 seperately (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publi

MGadAllah

The normal thing is to use Office 2003 Resource Kit to creat unattended.mst file and call it when installing office2003,

I've tried to creat many .mst file for each application in office 2003, i.e. word.mst, Excel.mst, ...etc and when doing this with ORK2003 I've choosed the application I want only, so now we have a single .mst file for each application in office 2003 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, InfoPath, and OutLook)

and when choosing the components, I choosed the application I want (run all from my computer or what ever you want to choose) plus the last two components in the tree, so with every application I've choosed the three components, and choosed not avaliable for the rest, then finish the file creation normal, then done.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually something strange start to happened now

when I call the .MST file with WPI it does not install any thing except the 1st called application. and the rest get cancel.

for example... I've created the following files for MS Office 2003 using ORK, Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook, Info Path, Publisher. and all with .MST extension.

and I've created them with the above mentioned method,

now they can not be installed as suppose to be,

any one know why

or how to solve such a thing, because I want to find a way to install every application separately.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mgadallah!

You already installed ORK. First create a MST with your basic application ('Custom Installation Wizard').

For example you can run it with

...\SETUPPRO.EXE TRANSFORMS=...\Word.MST /qb-!

Afterwards you can change your installation by creating CMW-files ('Custom Maintenance Wizard').

For example you can run it with

...\MaintWiz.exe /c .\Excel.CMW /qb-!

You can find 'MaintWiz.exe' within the ORK install-folder.

done

ok

let's go:

By installing the ork.exe you got these programs:

post-11279-1160855095_thumb.gif

First you install e.g. MS Word - use the 'Custom Installation Wizard' to get a MST-file. Among many customizations you got the following page - selection for MS Word already made:

post-11279-1160855453_thumb.png

You can use the MST-file by running

...\SETUPPRO.EXE TRANSFORMS=...\Word.MST /qn

Now your MS Office is installed. Adding any other features will be made by modifying the installation. The 'Custom Maintenance Wizard' is the right tool for it. You add e.g. MS Excel:

post-11279-1160855920_thumb.png

Adding this feature to your installation you need to run the CMW-file

...\MaintWiz.exe /c .\Excel.CMW /qn

Repeat the creation of a CMW-file for MS Outlook, Powerpoint, ... and don't forget the 'common used office features' and the 'office tools'.

got it?

Hi mate:

Attached is a picture for my setup files

th_74048_untitled_122_487lo.JPG

I do understand your point, but I'm still have a question: What you said is depending on the fact that an application from MS Office s already installed which was Word in your example.

What if the user who will check the required application to install from the list do not know about that, and he will choose the applications he wants?

for example he will choosed excel and outlook only and ignore word

what will be the case then?

Thanks

Houston - we have a problem...

I don't work with WPI. But i remember one thing: you can preconfigure a item (= MS Word) and no deselection is allowed.

Another possibility: a little clever script

Edited by AlexH