Customizing default user settings?

I have used a bunch of registry settings to customize the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE branch. It is however pointless to tweak HKEY_CURRENT_USER because these settings will only apply to the first account.

I have read somewhere that you can create a user account, customize it the way you want, and then somehow save the settings and be able to transfer them to other accounts. I am trying to customize mostly User Interface stuff (like the icons that appear in IE and Explorer, in what order etc.).

Now, what if I did the above manually, how could I then place the necessary files in the unattended CD and replace them with the default options Windows uses whenever a new account is created?

Anybody knows anything about this?

Misunderstanding... I am not trying to replace the resources inside the files.

All the icons in IE and Explorer, you can customize which will appear (from a predefined list) and in what order and so on. For example, the old CUT/COPY/PASTE icons are missing from the default installation but you can put them back (as I prefer to do). All these settings (and many many more) I need to make them default for each new user account.