Cannot find the second partition

Hi

I have one physical HD that I partitioned into two C (40 GB) and D (239 Gb) and "Win xp pro build 0"

But when i come to "Select partition to install Windows XP into" window, it only finds the one big HD.

And i only want to installe the unattended xp on C:

If anyone can help me i'll be really glad

Regards

René

Edited by Biskop

If it is unattended. You need to make sure the following settings are as follows in your Winnt.sif file:

[Data]
AutoPartition=0

[Unattended]
Repartition=No

Well, the AutoPartition=0 will stop at the section you are talking about. So, you can either put it at 0 and it wont be fully unattended, you can partition your drive at that time. Or put it at 1 and for unattended, the Repartition=No will help to keep the drive partitioned the way you part. it.

Also, check this out: RTFM

Edited by VCC

HI

The partition is not set as hidden and I tried to add data to my Winnt.sif file without any luck.

Could it be somthing on the windows cd that I have missed it.

Biskop

Edited by Biskop

[Unattended]
Repartition=No

If I am not mistaken, the Repartition entry of the winnt.sif file is only valid for RIS based installations, not CD/DVD unattended installs...

Edited by Br4tt3

There was a hotfix for it. And from build 0, you are using Windows XP SP0. Upgrade to SP2.

And Br4tt3, you are mistaken, in ref.chm in the deployment tools, it says it's only for CD installs.