Service Control Manager win2003 And This Issue

zillah

I have got win2003 server Enterprise Edition SP1, when I started the laptop, I have to wait till the winOS is loaded completely, and I have to wait the below message :

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5673/servicecontrolmanagerhh2.jpg

servicecontrolmanagerhh2.th.jpg

Some times (more than once) the above message did not pop up, and I have to restart the PC again, and some times I have to wait 15 minutes for the message to come up and some times it does not.

Now if the message does not come up , I can do nothing with the PC (i.e. I can not open file, browse Internet Explorer or any other program)

What Should I do to overcome this issue.

Thanks

type in: eventvwr.msc

This opens up the Event viewer. On the left side click on System. On the right side look for red Error messages with Service Control Manager as the source.

-John

1. Click Start > Run and type in "dcomcnfg"

2. Browse to Console Root > Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config

3. Right-click on the "netman" object on the right-hand side, and select "Properties"

4. Click the "Security" tab, and select "Customize" under the "Launch and Activation Permissions" section, then click the "Edit" button

5. Click the "Add" button

6. Type "Network Service", then click "OK"

7. Grant the 'Network Service' account in the list 'Allow' permissions for both 'Local Launch' and 'Local Activation' in the permissions list below

Restart your machine, and those errors should go away.

1. Click Start > Run and type in "dcomcnfg"

2. Browse to Console Root > Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config

3. Right-click on the "netman" object on the right-hand side, and select "Properties"

4. Click the "Security" tab, and select "Customize" under the "Launch and Activation Permissions" section, then click the "Edit" button

5. Click the "Add" button

6. Type "Network Service", then click "OK"

7. Grant the 'Network Service' account in the list 'Allow' permissions for both 'Local Launch' and 'Local Activation' in the permissions list below

Restart your machine, and those errors should go away.

Thanks cluberti, I tried all the steps that you have mentioned without any success (same problem).

Well, my steps should've fixed the DHCP and DCOM errors, but the last error is stating it can't find a file. If you run filemon when trying to start that service (grab it from www.sysinternals.com), do you see what file it is failing to find?

Well, my steps should've fixed the DHCP and DCOM errors,

Sorry cluberti, but it has not been fixed.

Right now I am going to try it again and I will see how is going on.

Edited by zillah