Adobe Acrobat Reader and Pro keeps re-installs for each user logon

brautiganr

Hello,

I've searched the forums but have not found an answer yet so I'm hoping someone can help. We have a large domain and use RIS to image our machines and Group Policy to build and roll out software. On any PC that has Adobe Acrobat Reader or Pro installed, anytime a new user logs onto the machine, the Adobe product "re-installs" itself. It doesn't appear to be a true re-install, more of a re-registering of the software- and the annoying thing is, it goes out to the DFS share where the installation files are kept- if I'm logged onto the machine as local admin to troubleshoot, the dialog pops up, I would cancel it but it would continue to pop up. I know it eventually fails because the local admin account doesn't have rights to the DFS share but I can I get this to stop happening? The same thing seems to happen with our Winzip installs as well but no other app pushed out by group policy does this.

Thanks for listening and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

I use to have the same problem. there's a folder called "Adobe PDF" in "Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents" If you delete that folder acrobat will keep trying to recreate it. the only solutation that I can offer is let it install it and don't delete it.

I'm not seeing such a folder in: "Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents" and in either case, I don't think I'm deleting it nor is the PC deleting it automatically. After I allow Adobe to "re-install" itself, it does not create that folder anywhere.