Files Existent But Didn't Load

RudeYute

hi,

I have now wasted dozens of CDR's (dont have CDRW's lol) trying to incorporate SATA drivers in my fresh install.

I have gone through code 4 errors, and had some without error. However, none seem to work - tried as normal drivers and textmode (not sure what the difference is?)

Anyway,

The drivers I'm trying to slipstream are VIA SATA RAID Controller. Currently, I have installed to an IDE drive for temporary measure.... The last XP CD I made had the right drivers on in location I386\NLDRV\001 + 002 + 003 - I wasn't sure which ones worked, so used them all in nLite (maybe thats the problem?). I have been unable to identify the difference between them, as they all have the same date/time attributes and same file size.

But anyway, It just won't work. What's more annoying is the fact that the Windows Setup doesn't find my floppy drive to get the drivers off there.

Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong? All I wanna do is have a fresh XP install on my SATA drive, without having to use an IDE drive first.

Thanks

RY

• 1 year later...