IIS FTP Server with Isolated Users

I have setup an IIS FTP Site because I wanted to force users into there own personal folder. Having done this and played around with it quite a bit I noticed something which I can't quite understand.

I have set the home directory of the FTP to show c:\user and then created folders matching the users login name eg. jblogs pking etc which then ment that c:\user\jblogs and c:\user\pking existed. When the user pking logged in I expected that pking's root folder would be c:\user\pking but he wouldn't actually know that he would just think it was the root folder. Now I had set all the necessary permission by allowing full access to pking on the c:\user\pking folder but when I tried to log in it would say that permission was denied to the home directory. Couldn't understand this. Did a little reading and it was suggested to use sysinternals filemon program to see exactly which folder the ftp site was trying to put the user pking into. This is where it got interesting. My netbios domain name was MAGIC and I was finding that the ftp site was trying to actually put user pking into the following folder c:\user\magic\pking. Why is it adding the netbios name before the username and after c:\user??? I modified my file structure to include magic and it all works fine but why is it putting it there. I am using SBS2003 and these users I have mentioned do not require access to my domain, nor do they log into my domain. They are purely ftp users from the outside world. Now I created these users not from within the SBS Server Management console but via Admin Tools/Active Users & Directories. Was this the wrong thing to do? Should I have created them else where? I can only think that the reason that the ftp site is adding the magic folder because they are users of the magic domain. Is this right?

Hope someone can help me get my head around this.

Thanks for that JuMz ... The above link helped explain some things to me and a link on that page http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_...guring-FTP.html confirmed what I was finding. The document explains that you do infact need to include the Pre-Windows 2000 name between the specified home directory and the user's directory.

I might have a crack now at using the active directory isolation. Previously I tried this method but I installed the admin pak and I was under the impression that two additional items would appear in the user properties through active users & directories. These items were supposed to be ftproot and ftpdir. I know I could specify them using iisftp.vbs but I wanted to actually see it in the user properties.