Password Expiry Problem in XP ..

Rez.

Hello ..

The Problem:

I logged on to my XP account this morning and went through the usual task of entering my User Account password. Before the system logged on, It halted and popped up a box informing me that my Account password will expire in 14 days. This is odd because this acount was set never to expire, Infact any account I make is set not to expire. Rectifying the situation was easy and after a reboot that dialog box was gone.

I guess my question is: What could cause XP to change something as critical as an account password expiry option? I scanned the system for viruses (AVG Free) and did the obligatory Spyware scan (Adaware+Spybot) and got a clean bill of health. I even went as far as scanning with 'Rootkit Revealer' just as an extra added precaution.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks ..

XP's wierd. Sometimes it does things. Big things. Like it made me think I had a virus when I was a noob and I formatted. But it was XP and it's heavy resource usage.

If it's solved then u don't need to ask questions. But as an answer, XP is wierd.

Yeah, usually when something weird like that happens, I'll do what you did--run the scans, check the logs, make sure nothing looks out of the ordinary. But generally, if it happens only once and doesn't return, I'll ignore it, if it keeps happening over and over again, I know I have a problem.