Microsoft Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs Unattended Generator Uti

at the moment the only problem that i have is the DiskConfig Lines on the Unattended.xml file, i have no idea how to config it so it can ask me what i want to do (in a way, i want it Attended, just for Partioning)

That's exactly what I'm trying to achieve: an unattended setup, except for the making / choosing of partitions. Any insights on how to do this?

I've tried to comment out the part from "<DISK ID=..." to "</DISK>", but that resulted in an error.

Edited by Miels

• 2 months later...

Strange thing hapen to me. I was trying this on ferly new pc. and when I interupt the install. before Unattended starts. you get a CMD prompt. I then used DISKPART. and ot list my disk as DISK 2. It realy should read DISK 0..

I don't know wy. but this does not happen when I use CD to install. but this is not an option well since my old 486,- are no CD based. and I would like to PXE boot.

Wy would this happen in RIS..

The Mainboard is ASUS M2R68L. or P2-M2A690G..

If somone has an answer.. :

• 1 year later...

I'm having issues very similar to pawan. Did you ever figure this out?

I have a unattended.xml file I know works because I can specify it durign a manual install and everythign is just fine. But If I add the same unattended.xml to the setup folder (where it should be), the install stars, see's the unattended.xml starts working then just simply reboots, no errors, nothign just reboots and does nothing.

I'm wondering if it has somethign to do with Axachi's comments about how it see's the disks. I've found similar results. It is almost like it see's the disks differently depending on if you run just teh cd install or if you run the cd install+unattended.xml.

Thanks,

Terry

• 7 months later...
Guest koman90

Strange thing hapen to me. I was trying this on ferly new pc. and when I interupt the install. before Unattended starts. you get a CMD prompt. I then used DISKPART. and ot list my disk as DISK 2. It realy should read DISK 0..

I don't know wy. but this does not happen when I use CD to install. but this is not an option well since my old 486,- are no CD based. and I would like to PXE boot.

Wy would this happen in RIS..

The Mainboard is ASUS M2R68L. or P2-M2A690G..

If somone has an answer.. :

I couldn't help but notice that there is a WIM file in the win FLPC disk, this may be why i have noticed problems with RIS and/or slipstreaming. Win FLP was most likely assembled with the Windows AIK that handles the wnm format. You might want to try updating your server if you have 2003 or newer to SP2 to obtain windows deployment services, and adding the setup.wim file from the cd to the WDS server