PeerGuardian 2

PaulIA

This is my first post, be gentle :hello:

After searching the forum, I can't find anything on how to install PeerGuardian 2 silently. Can somebody point me to an existing post or post the command line switches needed?

BTW: I just started learning about slipstreaming a week ago. THIS PLACE ROCKS! :thumbup

Goggle for "PeerGuardian 2 switches" results in 79,200 hits :blink:

Doing the same thing for "PeerGuardian 2 install" is better (only 454 hits), but still, would you read that many sites? :no:

I appreciate the suggestion for the UA guide, but like so newbies starting out on this subject, it can be very frustrating sometimes. I've spent many long nights pouring over the UA site and this forum and it's hard to glean information some times. The UA guide is, well, out of date on a lot of applications. As far as the forum, I search (A LOT :D ), but it's hard to read some of these threads that are 30-40 pages long and figure out what works. :unsure:

Don't get me wrong, this site ROCKS :thumbup but it would be nice if we could figure out a way to integrate the "proven" solutions back into the UA guide, application installation database, registry tweak database, etc.

Open the ua guide, in intermediate, in applications, in that menu, there are names of well used installers, e.g. inno setup, nsis, windows installer and installshield. Click them to know how to identify what installer is used. PeerGuardian2 uses inno setup, so the switches are /VERYSILENT /SP-

It's all there. You can even add stuff to the database and edit it.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/admin/

You don't have to be admin, u can be a normal user, just the url has admin in it.

And here for adding switches: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/page/add/switch/

Edited by T D

Now THATS news I can use!

Think I'll head over there now and give it a whirl. Might help some other poor newbie out some day. BTW, I must of missed this when I was at the UA site. Were did you get these links from?