Alcohol120% 1.9.5.4327

muiz

I tried with autoit but i dont know how NOT to install the toolbar.

So i made myself this alcohol toolbar uninstaller

http://rapidshare.de/files/27739956/Alcohol_Toolbar_Uninstaller.exe.html

Edited by muiz

/silent does not work, its normaly /S with alcohol and then it will say SILENT IS not SUPPORTED

anyone else? or back to autoit?

Edited by muiz

and you said :

they scrapped the toolbar in their new release

Also not true... but the problem is solved..... i made a autoit script and all runs fine now

thx

I used the sptd and then using installrite I created my own custom install. It's working out pretty well for me. the only problem I'm having is that despite putting my own settings in before creating the custom installer the first time I start it up it reverts to defaults. I can manually put back in my own settings and they'll stick but it bugs me that on it's first run it reverts back to it's defaults........ :/

If anyone can help me there i'ld apprecite it :/

Try using it on a clean install or virtual machine.

@muiz there was a patch to remove the toolbar from the installer, then the patchers starting distributing the installer w/o the toolbar and their site got taken down cos it was against their license to distribute.

Try using it on a clean install or virtual machine.

tried that. Installs perfectly for me with the obcvious exception of it resetting to defaults on first run. Then When I put in the settings manually they stick?

I read somewhere once that it employs a rootkit to hide itself. might that have anything to do with it?

Where did you read about the rootkit?

On Daemon tools?

If it did use a rootkit, yep, settings wouldn't be saved as it is hidden. But if it was written to the registry and not the process itself they wouldn't be read. But no-one would take the time to make a rootkit to store options, not even ms.

Where did you read about the rootkit?

http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2006/02/u...at-digital.html

most of it goes over my head and my attention span didn't allow me past the first 3 or 4 paragraphs..........

anyway you were right. none of it is hidden........ just a pain in the arse....... according to installrite, it changes an ini file in alchol 120 folder in program files. then it makes changes to the registry and lastly it makes changes to files under catroot2 in the system32 folder.......... I'm still haveing some problems with some of the settings but I'm getting the emulation and most of the general options the way I like on first startup. still problems with the name of the drive though........... I'll get it even if it kills me though............. or at least until my attention span runs out....