Hello, I'm new and my name is Hadaka

Guest Hadaka

Guest Hadaka

Hey guys, I just found this forum like five minutes ago on google.com and I look forward to discussing windows with everyone. :D I found this forum because I need help with setting up my home network!

------------------------------------------From another forum------------------------------------------

Now I'm pretty good with computers - from programming to building them. However, somewhere along my quest for knowledge of computers has left me with a simple question.

How do I set up and name my own personal network that even new local users can immediately hook up to and see my shared files?

I have tons of files that I share for LAN party's and when new users hook up I end up having to hop onto AIM with them and virtually transfer files via the messenger! It's a horrid way to fix a problem but I would like to make a dynamic 'home network' to where when someone hooks up onto a switch or into the router they IMMEDIATELY see the files - for some odd reason only my 3 home computers can see the shared files.

It's not a network problem, I've set my router up with a home network, it's just when a new user plugs in to game with me, they don't see the shared files.

I must be exaserbating the problem by going on and on, but if anyone could help I'd be in debt!

(By the way, I run XP on all of my home computers, and so does nearly ever person who comes to LAN at my house.)

-------

-={[Tai-otoshi]}=-

Anyone think they could help? ;)

Welcome to MSFN, please help by becoming a sponsor or assist other members.

The first question is how far are these computer from your location.

Depending on your answer to the first question, we can proceed to the next.

Second is do you want a wired or wireless network to share your files

Edited by Shindo_Hikaru