IE7 Beta3 download page is known malware offender!

g3ppb

What is going on here?

I wish to try IE7 beta3 and end up at this page...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx

The first download link points to "switch.atdmt.com" and my Avant Browser is totally blank because I have locked it down for ALL untrusted sites as recommended by Steve Gibson of Security Now, Edition #38. Since adopting this policy, I have never received one virus or malware.

"atdmt" rang a bell and a Google search has many references to removing this malware.

Why would Microsoft use a download site that is notorious for malware? What is wrong with MS own servers?

Please don't take any insult to this as none is intended whatsoever, but:

1. Here's the link you want: Internet Explorer 7 beta 3 Download Link

2. If your computer wise enough, you shouldn't need to ramp up Security on your computer as the settings on IE7 and Windows Defender work well enough ;)...IE7's Anti-Phising....great tool and Windows Defender shows in large RED friendly windows of any unauthorized access attempts to the system

3. Media Today just takes advantage of computer - illiterate users for sales.....hence the reason why there's so many different Anti-Virus programs out there. I've never....NEVER come across any malware/virus/Trojan on my systems and I've been Building/Repairing now for 4 years ;) I find that AntiVirus progs just bog the systems down incredibly.

(Helps ME make the money though, doesn't it? lol)

-A-dministrative -T-ools -D-ownload -M-anagement -T-eam

Microsoft's download page for IE7 is completely safe, I think buddy's just made you paranoid! (pat on shoulder)

Edited by XL-DJK95355

Presently running IE6 (with latest updates + Avant front end) and Windows Defender, hence security is locked up tight, except for "trusted sites".

Agree about AV companies promoting sales by hyping up risks, however my AVG has popped up with virus warning when directed to some sites while researching info & tools for WinPE.

Agree some AV progs really slow down the system (or contribute to crashes) so are permanently banned from my systems. No such problem with Grisoft AVG.

Agree the atdmt download site is probably safe but how many would be willing to risk it after the bad publicity?

I would rather be paranoid and clean, than open and infected!

Thanks for link, downloaded and installed IE7 b3, now testing, so far, so good.

Hopefully I can now relax some restrictions without the previous risk from malware.