Windows script 5.6 - Jscript.dll 5.6.0.8831

Alright i was bout to install the windows script 5.6 (KB917344) which updates jscript.dll to 5.6.0.8831. but when checking my current jscript.dll file version i found it already was 5.6.0.8831. Is there some other patch that updates jscript.dll other than KB917734 (which i didnt install)?

Yea i know that. I.m just saying i havent installed either script 5.6 (KB917344) or KB917734 and i still have jscript.dll 5.6.0.8831. how can this be. i thought only these 2 updates could bring jscript.dll to this version.

Then I'm guessing KB917734 got installed on your system in some way or another. Do the registry entries for it exist under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Updates\SP3?

Edited by RyanVM

wow this is wierd yes KB917344 does appear in my registry list of hotfixes installed but i have just done a fresh reformat and install of xp a week ago and KB917344 is not one of the hotfixes included in my unattended CD. This hotfix also shows up in "add or remove programs". How can this be???

PS i do not have automatic updates set up so it isnt installing itself. The install date of KB917344 is the same as all the other patches when in did my unattended CD install

Edited by cumminbk