Problem with ISC on two laptops

sstanimi

Hello!

I made wireless network between two laptops and one of them is connected on Internet over ADSL modem. I made ISC that I can connect to Internet over the other one, but when I try to open any web page on it, it wont work. When I try to ping (through Command Prompt) with command "ping www.google.com" it notify me that "Ping request could not find host www.google.com. Please check the name and try again." But when I try "ping 66.249.85.104" (Google IP) then it works well! Any advice?

I have no experience using ICS so treat this as a general suggestion: a simple hardware solution would be a wireless router. Once configured any PC you bring within range could get its network config via DHCP automatically.

Sounds like the DNS setting on the ICS client is not correct, or there is a problem resolving names.

The gateway setting is obviously okay, as is connectivity between the ICS client and host.

Assuming the ICS host itself has no problems accessing the Internet, open a command prompt on both machines and enter the following command:

ipconfig /all

Paste the output from the 2 machines here.

@ Mr Snrub

When I entered the command "ipconfig /all" in Command Prompt as you said, in the output text I saw the DNS adress for internet connection on ISC machine, so I put it on the other computer lan connection and it works now!!! Thanks a lot!

Edited by sstanimi