Adding Static IP to Interface using VBS

from my vb script, i need to add an ip address(+snmask) to an interface such as "local area connection" that already has several ip addresses assigned to it.

i have been searching and trying with wmi methods in the Win32_NetworkAdapter and Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration classes and it seems there is no method for *adding* an ip.

i would try to do it with registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID})

but i have no way of finding the guid of the interface.

thanks in advance for your help

thank you gunsmokingman, but this article has only code to *get* the tcp/ip configuration. i need to modify it.

*update*

so here is what i have found out from countless hours searching web. it seems that you cannot add one ip address without removing and adding all addresses for that interface. so i have to use a script like the one gunsmokingman referenced above to read out the current ip's/snm's to an array and then add my ip address onto the end of that array and re-enter teh entire array using enableStatic().

the problem i am running into is adding my ip address to the array. i have tried several syntax and will not accept my array into enableStatic() function.

any help would be great because i really do not want to shell out and use netsh. its slow and cumbersome.

cheers

Edited by SimonSez07