nLite and an old compaq

prx984

im considering nLite-ing a comy of XP for an old compaq laptop i have (my 233 with 64mb ram) and i was just wondering if theres anything that could help me. all i need on this computer is internet (wifi) and email. nothing more. so i wanted to maybe get a little bit of help here and compile something here to make the best and smallest installation of XP. iv looked at MicrowinX and it looks alright, but it said it doesnt have wifi and dhcp support. which will be added, but i dont know when that will happen.

so, if anyone out there has any information for me, it would greatly appreciated to be passed on. i can use 2000Pro or XP pro, whichever, i dont care, i just want a good, fast stable OS for an old computer. im even considering DSL linux, but i dont know enough about that right now.

thanks for reading.

Read this first

just some guidelines though, just read this if you dont want to read all the beginning

1, internet (wifi)

2, email

3, small installation

thats all id like to have, tommorrow (not tonight because its 11:00 o'clock here and im going to bed right after i post this) i am going to grab nLite 1.01 and test an installation of XP or 2000 in a virtual pc and see how small i can get it. im going to do this on my own, but it would be great to get some support here.

thanks again for reading this :) and good night ;)

(sorry to ask this if its already all over, but i couldn't find anything really to do with this in the search)

edit : nvm, i went through nLite and made one, slimmed the CD down to 160mb o.O (actuall install is 750mb) and it runs very well on a 233.

Edited by Cygnus