Vista networking. Anyone understand it?

croc

I'm trying to get my corporate VPN working. My ADSL is connected to my ethernet connector, and I chose 'private' when I set it up. All sorts of issues when I try to install my VPN. No connectivity at all, so basically I had to do a rollback.

Any suggestions?

what VPN client are you using? the Networking stack in vista was totally rewritten so where your VPN is trying to hook into the stack may no longer be there. any more info on what VPN solution you are using?

I'm trying to get my corporate VPN working. My ADSL is connected to my ethernet connector, and I chose 'private' when I set it up. All sorts of issues when I try to install my VPN. No connectivity at all, so basically I had to do a rollback.

Any suggestions?

Nortel contivity 501d....

Comes up in install with an error message 'there's an IP conflict' or some sort. If I proceed, after the next reboot I get no connectivity whatsoever.

Comes up in install with an error message 'there's an IP conflict' or some sort. If I proceed, after the next reboot I get no connectivity whatsoever.

:no: you are most likely going to have to wait for Nortel to release a new version of the client that will work with the new TCP/IP stack, you acn try contacting them and see if they have a beta of the software that they are testing and you could possibly test

:no: you are most likely going to have to wait for Nortel to release a new version of the client that will work with the new TCP/IP stack, you acn try contacting them and see if they have a beta of the software that they are testing and you could possibly test

Rats. Nortel no longer considers clients to be 'free' they are now included only as part of a system. I'll have to ask our router guys to try to get me one...