Copy something to the Program Files folder?

Please forgive my noobi-ness...but at least I'm having fun learning :)

I want to copy a couple of things to the Program Files folder...

Obviously if I use "%systemroot%" in my batch file, that's meaning the Windows folder...but of course the "Program Files" folder is in the same C Drive directory as the "Windows" folder is....

Can anyone give me a sample line that would copy "exampleA" to the Program Files folder? (This is a folder containg ResHack)

Would I just put - copy "%systemdrive%\Install\SystemFiles\exampleA" "C:\Program Files\" ???

Thanks for your help... :rolleyes:

If you want to copy a directory to another location where it never existed, then use XCOPY

XCOPY /E /Q "%systemdrive%\Install\SystemFiles\exampleA" "%systemdrive%\Program Files\exampleA"

OK....I followed instructions, and got the folder copied...but I did have one more question... :)

During the batch file, and specifically when this folder was copied, a dialogue came up asking me if I was specifying "a file (f) or a directory (d)" ...I was being prompted to hit f or d...

I hit d because it's a folder I'm installing, and everything worked fine....but how could I do this without having to press a key...how can I automate that ?

Thank you :rolleyes: