modified msgina.dll, shutdown screen appears broken

fortwunty

I was able to modify everything else successfully (WINNTBBU.DLL, SHELL32.DLL, LOGONUI.EXE, EXPLORER.EXE)... but for some reason, after I switched up the bitmaps in MSGINA.DLL, I now get the following during the shutdown screen:

brokenshutdown2wg.th.png

Is there a bitmap in some file for that bugger? Or is that there because I turned on extended status messages? Or what?! It's annoying, as this is the last thing I have to figure out.

If anybody could shed some light on the situation, that would be great :wacko:

This is not MSGINA but LOGONUI.

The blue box is by default the windows logo (the flag plus "Microsft Windows") visible also during bootup, on the logon screen, and during logon.

The message "Windows is shutting down" is part of the normal status messages. If you want to see the extended ones, you need to use "classic logon" (without LOGONUI)

++

I thought it had something to do with LOGONUI, but I also thought I read something about the logon/logoff process and msgina.dll... that must have just been the icons. So that big blue one there, would be... either bitmap 123 or 127. What if I went and replaced bitmaps 123-127 with 1x1 24-bit bitmaps of the magic pink (#FF00FF)? It should make the logos/dividers transparent, correct? Can't hurt trying I guess... I'll edit this post later on after testing it out. Had a rough night, gonna run VMware and go sleep for a bit. Thanks for the help!