Software Installer...

Well I tried very hard to make this app via HTA and aspx...but found it was almost impossible. So I put my asp.net knowledge and ported it into VB.net. Of course me having to have the newest Visual Studio, I found out that I needed .net 2 to run my app cause VS2005 is .Net 2.0 ONLY - so I had to port everything over to VS2003. I love the fact that my college provided us free licenses for a ton of Dev Apps while we were in school, and can still use them when we leave the school.

So here is my app. Basically its an autorun type deal with an app deployment module in it. Visually it needs a lot of work, but the fact that I got it to run off a MS Access DB is the best part. Simply edit the DB in MS Access or via the Modify forms.

Give it a try and let me know your thoughts. I will be adding a verification screen for the deployment stage and user creation.

Seeing how I have a full time job and a part time job managing servers and being a newbie to programming, it may take me some time to reply, but all comments/suggestions are welcome.

FYI - requires .NET 1.1 to run....

-Matt

autorun.zip