HIVESYS.INF enhancement request

HiDefHusker

I have been moving my RunOnceEx app installs to T-13 addon packs. I have found that the "TEMP" and "TMP" environment variables are not defined yet at T-13. This causes many installers to use the current directory (C:\Documents and Settings\Default User) to create their temporary files. Many installers don't clean up after themselves so this leaves a bunch of garbage files in the "Default User" directory. This directory is used to create all other user profiles and so they also get the garbage. It also causes the ZoneAlarm installer to generate an error dialog (I have a kludge to workaround that, but it's still a kludge).

I am proposing that nLite always add the following entries to HIVESYS.INF. This makes "TEMP" and "TMP" be defined for all T-13 installers. I have tested this and it works nicely.

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment","TEMP",0x00020000,"%%SystemRoot%%\TEMP"
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment","TMP",0x00020000,"%%SystemRoot%%\TEMP"

BTW, Thanks for nLite!!!

Nevermind. I figured out how to do this without nLite changes. Here is my entries_ZoneAlarm.ini file for my ZoneAlarm addon.

;Made by HiDefHusker
[general]
builddate=2006/07/03
description=ZoneAlarm
language=English
title=ZoneAlarm
version=6.5.722.000
website=http://www.zonealarm.com/

[EditFile]
I386\HIVESYS.INF,AddReg,HIVESYS.AddReg
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,SVCPACK.AddProgram

[HIVESYS.AddReg]
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment","TEMP",0x00020000,"%%SystemRoot%%\TEMP"
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment","TMP",0x00020000,"%%SystemRoot%%\TEMP"

[SVCPACK.AddProgram]
zlsSetup_65_722_000_en.exe /s /noreboot

Edited by HiDefHusker