Trouble Installing Vista Beta 2

d1ck

When I try to install Vista Beta, the setup comes up with an error which says something similar to: "Windows setup could not obtain information abuot the drives in your computer." I'd really like to get this working, and for some reason, it doens't even give me the option of installing the drivers for my Raid array. My system specs are as follows:

A64 3000+

DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D

1GB Kingston HyperX PC3500

SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit

nVidia GeForce 6600GT

Enermax Liberty 500w PSU

2 SATA Western Digital 80GB Dricves in RAID 0

1 SATA SeaGate 80GB

LG DVD/RW Drive

LG CD/RW Drive

No Floppy

I'd really apreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction to get this working.

Thanks.

Edited by d1ck

once you get that far, there is the option for you to install drivers, this is on the same screen where you can format partition, try and load drivers for your RAID card and see if that helps

The setup doesn't make it as far as that screen. Right after i click "Install" all I can see is the background and then the error comes up, proventing me from going any further.

No problem,

another note as i looked at your specs more closely, there have been many reported issues with the Nforce series of boards working correctly with Vista, that could be part of the issue also

i have had issue loading things from flashdrives, make sure it is plugged in before the PE begins to boot, that should help with errors, also you can try and find a floppy drive :)