Textmode / Mass Storage Question

sTe

I'm currently in the process of setting up my RIS server, and have some mass storage drivers that I wish to integrate. I understand their is a RIS specific section, but I believe this topic is best suited here as this would also apply to users installing over the network / CD install.

I currently havethe folder:

$OEM$\$1\Drivers\000_Chipset\HPT454

My SIF files has the following sections

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_Chipset\HPT454"

[MassStorageDrivers]

"hpt374XP = "HPT374 UDMA/ATA133 RAID Controller for WinXP" ="OEM"

[OEMBootFiles]

hpt374.cat

hpt374.inf

hpt374.sys

TXTSETUP.OEM

I've made the necessary alterations to the TXTSETUP.OEM file. From reading on websites, it looks like some people say as well as the $OEM$\$1\Drivers\000_Chipset\HPT454 I need to also create $OEM$\Textmode with the drivers in. Im confused if I really need this as its covered in the OemPnPDriversPath. Or are both folders really needed, one to cover Textmode, and one for Windows Drivers install?

If Textmode folder is needed (and I believe you cant have sub folders?) if I want to add other SATA drivers, do I just rename the TXTSETUP.OEM to any 8.3 character named file and just reference that in the SIF file?

The "Device Drivers" section of the MSFN forums would probably be a better place for this post, but here it is and there you go. Without circumventing your question entirely, I have given up on integrating mass storage drivers manually given that most boards I buy these days are RAID capable. Even Shuttle's 'entry level' Intel-based platform, the SS59G, is RAID capable.

Bashrat the Sneaky's driver packs may be the answer, but nLite does a nice job of integrating the drivers into my base install disc, which includes other relevant drivers that install using Pyron's 'Drivers from CD' method. That method is drag-and-drop easy once set up correctly. You can prepare a machine-specific disc with complete driver integration in less than 10 minutes. No more OemPnPDriversPath editing for me! :P