"Switch User"

Nealtor

OK so I've never participated in a forum before and I'm a complete dunce when it comes to knowledge re: computers....that said...I've a problem that I searched for on forum and did not find...Here goes......

I checked MS KB and though others have had similar problems..their fixes did not help me... I'm running XP HE sp2 . Switch User was working fine...as far as I knew, then one day I had a call from my wife who asked that I check her Email...I used switch user...it didn't work. So I completely logged off and went into her profile..we are both administrators, and read her the email.

When I went into control panel..User Accounts..Change the way users log on or off....and I click on that, here's what happens: A virus scan window comes up that says "A suspicious script has been detected." "The file MSHTA.EXE contains suspicious scripting activity and has been stopped" It goes on to give me options: "Stop this script"; "Allow entire script this time"; "Find out more information"; or "Continue what I was doing"

When I click on "Find out more information" another window pops up. It says "Suspicious script stopped". "File:MSHTA.EXE"..."Activity:The script is attempting to call the Reg Read method within the IWSHShell3object;" "File Path:MSHTA.EXE"; "Status: The script has been stopped".

I ran a full scan with Virus Scan but it found no problem...Can anyone help?

Ive never seen anything like that before. try this and see if it helps. open internet properties and resest all security settings to default. (local intranet should be low, internet should be medium)

also, i dont even know if this is possable, but see if your internet security is forced on high. (usauly your IE homepage with be (something)/hardAdmin.asp) i think thats a win 2k3 only thing, but i had something very close to this happen in 2k3 because of that.

Edited by janus zeal