PLEASE HELP!

In short: Is there a variable or .reg that let me set the programs path to "D:" instead of "C:\Program Files" before IE,WMP, Messenger install?????

Thank you all from my heart, I've looking for a solution two hole days to no avail, and I need my lap working on fryday for a test. PLEASE HELP.

The long story:

I'm a real newby here :newbie:, I've just made a XP SP1 slipstream, but I really do like to create my unattended CD with Office and norton at least. :)

But I have a more urgent problem: I'm a student and only have one old laptop, with great effort I've managed to afford a 40GB HD 2 years ago, and I've partitioned that very well (or that's what I thought before trying windows XP) Because my primary partition is just 2.5 GB (that was good in W98 days but no more). Well I've managed to put my programs in other partition using Junctions but this prevent defraging tools from working properly and result in really decreased performance.

My problem is that the "Program Files" path is REALLY hard coded in WinXP but I think there's some variable that can be put in a winnt.sif file to change that path to "D:" or maybe applying a tweak before anything (IE,WMP,Messenger,etc) is installed. I've tried tweaking after setup but the **** WFC don't let me do it and screws the hole thing. :rolleyes:

I've looked for a solution in google, lockergnome, M$ KB and a looong etc, but can't find anything. Please help me!!! I need this thing working for a test this friday. :D

I've really gratefull if you help me.

Great site and forum, very educative.

Sorry for the spelling