Adding programs to there own directories

I have sorted all my programs for my un-attended setup but I know want them to install into for example : all p2p software into Program Files\P2P\Bitlord

Bitcomet

And the same for system tools and burning software. How do I go about doing this?

I tryed this as a TEST but it didnt work :

start /wait %systemdrive%\Arc.exe /VERYSILENT /C="x:\Program Files\P2P"

can any one help.

hi,

Each setup app (installshield, wise, innosetup, windows installer, nsis, ...) uses its own switches. Sometimes you can define the path to install to, sometimes you can't.

I don't know by heart all switches, but here is an example for a .msi setup (with windows installer v3) :

start /wait msiexec.exe /i %systemdrive%\path\to\setup.msi /passive /qb REBOOT=ReallySuppress TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles%\P2P\MyApp"

For most others, you should give a try to "Universal Silent Switch Finder" (search for it on this board) : it's a small app to display the switches applicable to a specific .exe setup.

++

it is best if u compile ur own with the help of some third party softwares like winrar sfx, .......

u have to compile ur installer in such a way that the path u r giving must be the same where u want those files to be reside

I wouldn't recommend repackaging cos you get loads of other stuff not to do with your prog. Like Installrite can't change it's repackaged file it creates, so you will have a load of other stuff even on a clean machine.