Custome Theme File

I'm trying to apply a custom theme file to my unattended DVD but the problem is that after the installation is complete, I get the classic theme.

I've used WINNT.SIF method.

[Shell]
CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\ModBlue.Theme"

That is the exact path of the theme I want to apply and was created by me (just the theme file after applying wallpapers and settings I saved it not the actual visual style)

It works if I apply the theme through display properties from the list of themes.

I know there's some kind of registry entry I need to add but I don't know which ones to use and also I saw in a post that you can edit one of the HIVE.INF files to hardcode the theme into the installation, anybody know about that, I couldn't find it by searching but remeber reading post a couple months back.

I just need the registry entry for this theme to be applied on bootup.

no registry settings are needed to do this.

check to make sure you're not disabling the theme service and check your regtweak file to make sure you're not telling it to use the windows classic theme in there.

i'm guessing you modifype'd and makecab'd you're uxtheme.dll as well.

I doubt his theme is an unsigned theme so he probably doesn't need a patched uxtheme.dll. I guessing he just applies his own wallpaper.

I think his actual problem is the theme files are not copying to his windows\resources\theme folder.

I'm having the same problem. I sfx'd using winrar my theme but it will not unpack. I'm guessing the *.exe doesn't work in the setup environment.

So, after installation, I get the classic windows 2000 theme.

@xnlc - you might want to check right after installation if your theme copies over to the windows\resources\themes folder.

If in nlite you selected to use the classic theme on unattended setup, it overrides any custom theme file.

Cross this out of your winnt.sif if it's there:

[Shell]
DefaultThemesOff = "Yes"

I know it sound stupid having both options on and not realising it but you never know ;)

I doubt his theme is an unsigned theme so he probably doesn't need a patched uxtheme.dll. I guessing he just applies his own wallpaper.

oh ok, yea after re-reading his original post it does sound like all hes changing is the wallpaper.

i got confused because of the title of the thread and the filename because i used to use this theme: http://www.customize.org/details/38014 which also has the title "ModBlue"

that's a pretty nice theme. however, since i discovered the vista-like themes for XP, i can't go back to any other theme.

the themes aren't perfect but AVC vista theme (from deviantart) is the best one i've seen so far.