3c905B-TX Unsupported? (Added Driver Already)

I've got a few older Compaq Prosignia desktops (P3/550Mhz) that I'm trying to reimage with my XP RIS image... However, it's giving me the old 'nic driver isnt loaded' page for these nics.. Now, I've loaded the 3com drivers into RIS (file version is checked and newest from 3com, 5.00) and most all my other nics work; however, these don't.

I know I've loaded the drivers correctly since more than one of my similar 3c90x nics work great (some need the boot disk, but that's just a matter of age). I also know in the 'old days' 3com would change product specs significantly and still call a nic the same thing, making dos drivers a pain in the rear to get working at times.

Has anyone else had problems with the 3C905B-TX drivers in a RIS setting? If so, did you fix them, throw a new nic in, or just decide it was finally time to get rid of that computer?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Diamond

Update: After dinking with this for far too long, I noticed that the 'newer' drivers that I had loaded for some reason took out that PNPID. I replaced it with the older (5.00 from 3com.com, not from other sites) drivers and it finally started working again.

Hope this helps someone else if they run into it!

Diamond